help with ps3 setup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
hi, my wee boys have been nippin ma heid about getting online,can anybody instruct me how to do this as am an eejit wae this sort o thing :rolleyes:i have a netgear wireless router ,and the kids say i can use that without a cable :dunno:

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester
Off the top of my head you have to go to system settings and then to network settings and search for your wireless hub, then it will ask you for the key which is on the back of my hub.

then you have to create a account with the playstation network which I think is the second to last tab on the PS home screen.

hope this helps

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Off the top of my head you have to go to system settings and then to network settings and search for your wireless hub, then it will ask you for the key which is on the back of my hub.

then you have to create a account with the playstation network which I think is the second to last tab on the PS home screen.

hope this helps
what do u meen the key at the back of the hub buddy ?

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
From the security settings for your router. You should be able to log into the settings by putting the following in your browser address bar :-

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
lol Gill I get racked of with this aswell.

Is your home network secure or unsecure?

If its secure The wpa is the passcode you input into it to get your pcs or laptops to connect with the router itself.

If its not secure then you dont need a wpa it should just connect.

HTH

Andy

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I thought WPA and WEP were one and the same, well so a computer geek at my ISP provider told me. But hey I am a technophobe too. My PSP links up ok though after inputting the code what ever you want to call it that you use to connect your laptops , pc's or other wireless thinga ma jigs to your router.:confused::confused::confused:

Hope you get it sorted anyway gill.

Andy

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
is it an old one? ie big and shiny. or a new slim one small and matt
as upto now the old ones have error 8001050f which is effecting everything on mine :mad:

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
If you have no success with the wireless key (WPA is more secure than WEP btw) give me a shout and I'll sort you out with a set of homeplugs that'll save you running cables through the house.

Or if you need any help getting the wireless key etc, then give me a ring, or pm me if you've not still got my number.

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
Just to add that there was a problem with the playstation network yesterday for the older "original wide" PS3's that stopped them signing in. They should be ok now apparently.

Take the time to sort out WPA / WPA2 access, you really need a secure network.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE