Help With Cool Kinfe!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

Josey Wales

Hi Guys!
I saw a great looking knife on the Ray Mears "Bushcraft Survival" series 1 DVD on the special features section when Ray demonstrates how to sharpen a knife in the bush.
I enquired to Woodlore and they said that Lars Fält gave it to Ray during filming and when I asked about the maker, availability e.t.c. I was told that it was private information! ( I suppose that they do not want any competition with Ray's own knife)
The knife was beautiful with a really thick blade and I have sat fantasising about having it on my belt many a time :D
I was hoping that maybe you could help me locate one!

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Was it something like this?

mili_3.jpg

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Viking said:

mili_3.jpg

It was certainly very similar to that knife viking. I remember thinking that it had about the thickest edge Id ever seen on a flat ground knife. :confused:

MBM, its on the tutorial section of the DVD. ;)

mojofilter said:
It was certainly very similar to that knife viking. I remember thinking that it had about the thickest edge Id ever seen on a flat ground knife. :confused:

MBM, its on the tutorial section of the DVD. ;)
That was the bit I was on about. I watched it again and the only knife I saw was the Woodlore. Don't forget, the Woodlore is a very thick knife for it's size with quite a deep bevel on it as well.

J

Josey Wales

Hey well, thanks guys its been a real help... I'll put some piccys up as soon as I get it (assuming that the price isnt too dear!)

:)

J

Josey Wales

Viking said:

mili_3.jpg

Hey Viking,
That's the Knife!!!!!!!!!I was looking at the link and couldn't find where to get it from (I'm a little bit dumb :confused: :confused: :confused: ) maybe you could explain exactly how to find it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE