Help planning for dartmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hi guys
I'm wanting to plan a 3 nite wild camping trip to dartmoor in September. Does anyone have any advice on where I can go so I can legally wild camp and park my car?
Any information would be much appreciated.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Thats very helpful thank you Tuscor, Belstone seems the best place to park the car, is there a car near the moor where I leave the motor for a few nites?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
The info provided here has been very useful indeed thank you, im still having trouble finding the best place to leave my car safely for a few days, Belstone or Princetown have been the places I have been looking at but I just can not find the place to park and leave my car. Any help would be amazing

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
The only advice I can give for Dartmoor, enjoy it, but respect it and don't underestimate it. In my experience it can go from perfect to brutal in no time at all. I did 5 nights moving from place to place and it opened my eyes. Beautiful place though

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
I've always left my car in Belstone car park itself.Never had it messed with.Short walk up onto the moor through the village.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
I've always left my car in Belstone car park itself.Never had it messed with.Short walk up onto the moor through the village.
Thats sounds like a plan thank you, do you have a grid reference by any chance? Im not having much luck with the Internet at the moment :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE