Help needed; Meindl or Lowa for Hobbit Feet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Darkside

Forager
Nov 2, 2009
Aldershot, UK
Hi All,
I need some help!

I am looking to get a decent pair of desert boots (brown or tan) and don't want to spend a fortune if I can help it.
So obviously I am looking at the Issue Meindl's or Lowa on the Bay of Evil - the problem I have is that my feet are extra wide so I have always had problems getting boots to fit correctly.

I am a size 7.5 with a HH width fitting (think Gollum in Lord of the Rings) and usually end up getting 2nd hand 8.5L in issue boots and giving them to my son or to Charity if they don't fit, which is fine when only paying £15 - £20 but no good if paying £50 - £75.

Of the two, which have the widest last? Or do you know of any other boots that would fit the criteria (up to about £75)?

Any help appreciated
Darkside

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have a wide fit also in shoes and recently bought a pair of the meindl desert boots. The sizing of the boots is bit bigger; mine are a size ten but feel more like a 10.5. there is plenty of room in them.
I haven't ever tryed the lowas on but there is a thread I started about these boots a little while ago where the concensius seemed to be lowas are a larger fit aswell.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63740

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
when..i..was..trying..out..boots...i..tried..the..lowa..combat..boots..they..didnt..feel...right..to..tight..but..the..Meindls..where..
instant..comfort..for..me...atb..shogun

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
Take a look at field and trek as they have borneos and burmas for a decent price.
They have high street stores as well so you can try before you buy.

Great boots though, I'm wearing mine today because of all this ice!

ATB

Mar 17, 2010
Stockton
I have wide feet and bought meindl Burma extremely comfortable, and quite big fitting compared to other boots I have previously had bought my normal everyday shoe size and they fitted perfectly. Would definitely recommend

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE