Help for Heroes - Charity Offer #1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Guys, I have received a very kind offer from "Cairodel" towards the "Help for Heroes" charity drive.

You may well know that Derek runs desert holidays around Egypt and the Sahara

Now these of course do have an overhead which needs to be met, so what Derek has offered is as follows

My proposal would include :
Collection from Airport.
2 nights in Cairo 3* hotel on arrival. (B&B basis)
Desert trip of 3 - 7 nights (4 - 8 days), all-inclusive.
2 nights in Cairo on return. (B&B basis)
Return to Airport.
Time in Cairo would include visits to Pyramids, Citadel and
Khan El Khalili (souk) for pressies to take home.

Meals would also be included on these trips, although they would have to
buy their own alcohol.......!?! (Reds insert - this means you Joker :))
Our price for these trips to BCUK members (min. group of 4
people, sorry, but minimum of 2 cars and 3 staff per trip)
will
be £40 per person per day, with a 20% discount, half of which will go
to the Servicemens Fund.

Now. I don't know what you think but I think the chance of a Desert trip for £40 quid a night is cracking value - the opportunity to give some money to charity, get the trip at a discount and have a stunning experience sounds pretty good to me.

So, whilst this is not an auction in the traditional sense, I thought a thread mentioning the offer would be a good thing. I guess 4 people could be 1 family, a group of friends or just 4 members who get together. Either way - feel free to use the thread to discuss.

I hope this doesn't breach any rules - Derek was reluctant to post anything in case it was seen as advertising but asked me to pass the offer around where I could. It was such a generous offer I thought it warranted a thread and a "thank you".

I really hope someone can get some fun out of it

Red

D

Deleted dude 7861

Oh wow a dream holiday, looks like I may have to work my bottom off or sell a few things. One thing it'll save me having to buy my arabic music cd's online. Could go for this early next year for sure. Any more info on times available? Oh and can I wisk Rachel Weisz off on a camel please? :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Matt,

Drop Derek a pm - theres no specific slot offered - in the Words of Fred Pontin though "book early"

Red

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
I'll leave this offer to BCUK members open until November 2008, but contact a.s.a.p. to
make the neccessary arrangement.
The "Group of Four" is a minimum, and we can take up to 16 people.
(all the more to the charity) Plus, we can extend the desert part up to 9 nights/10 days.
Get a group interested and PM me, or E-mail on
dcurrie@bcaegypt.com

Best wishes with the rest of the fundraising, guys...:You_Rock_

D

Deleted dude 7861

9/10 days in the desert...... now that just sounds fantastic. I'll pm you Del, this sounds just what I need next year. Just hope we can get at least four people onboard.

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
Confused?

Am I right in assuming that all I would need to pay is for my return flight and then £40 per day for the duration of the trip?

If so I am definately interested.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
sounds interesting..... pity i'm Billy-no-mates :11doh:

what sort of stuff do you get up to in the desert for 9-10 days ??? apart from building sand castles??

Del, do you have a website or blog of some sort with info on what you get up to on these trips??

cheers
Steve

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
Alright guys, had a chat with somebody last night in the British Clubhouse,
and from our conversation, it looks like we could arrange something for
next October for those interested (Temps are still pretty warm in the daytime, but mild
at night... perfect timing for folks from the U.K.) Mattk, Eskimo and Bikething.....
If you (or anybody else) is interested in going then, get in touch.
It should be 12 -14 days all-in.;)

D

Deleted dude 7861

If we do get enough people, what sort of inventory do have you in mind? I for one like the idea of nights under the stars in the desert :D Much prefer sleeping out than in hotels.

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
Mattk, I'll work out a route and locations soon. Believe me when I say you will NOT want
to sleep under the stars in Cairo..... I doubt if you'd see them for the smog..!!!
AND, a couple of nights in an ecolodge of some kind will come as a welcome break
(showers and stuff !?!)around the halfway mark....LOL

D

Deleted dude 7861

:lmao: Didn't mean in Cairo :D I know a fair bit about it from a friend who lived there and still has family there, the tales about the traffic sound fun!

D

Deleted dude 7861

Surname of Hassan, it's aunts & uncles as her mum and dad moved to Scandinavia, just the extended family left over there.

D

Deleted dude 7861

You'll have to ask her if she knows Evanna :) I did ask but haven't got a reply back yet so she may be away as she likes to travel lots :D

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
I believe she is/was teaching in Sudan..... but still has a home and
family in Cairo and visits on her time off. Think the last time I saw her
was last Xmas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE