Hello from the flat lands of East Anglia

Glow_worm

Oct 20, 2024
East Anglia
Hello all, decided I'd looked into this place once too often as a non-member, so have signed up.

I'm Christopher, currently living in East Anglia not too far from the sea. Not my natural habitat at all but trying to make the most of it for now while I have important work to do here!

Before the shakeup everything got a few years ago I made a living forging hand tools (and carving wood with some types of them), making and selling at craft fairs and festivals. Along with doing and teaching natural and traditional building, teaching green wood working and-yes-bushcrafty type stuff.

Now living off grid* in a bell tent while restoring a very derelict ~c17th house saved from developers.

Always done outdoorsy stuff, self sufficiency, too much to list! Mainly used vintage kit in the past for the history and fun of it, here to learn more about modern materials as I want to explore northerly places in winter in future. I'm somewhat obsessed with snow, have always felt deprived of it and never been exposed to enough. Love the dark, the cold, hills, conifers and birch.

Looking forward to being involved and trying to satisfy a never ending appetite for learning!

*Ok, not completely, I have mains water and a single cold tap. Cheating, I know!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE