Hello from north of Boston, USA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 27, 2012
MA/NH border USA
Hello there,

New member from a bit north of Boston, MA, near the New Hampshire border.

I have 3 boys and we love to camp, but mostly the safe, warm, cozy type of camping at state parks and commercial campgrounds. Now they are a bit older and we can be more adventurous.

I discovered Bushcraft while watching videos on winter camping, tarps, etc., trying to rediscover/expand my knowledge of outdoor survival (and fun). I joined to learn from a bunch of like minded folks. I am here to be a sponge, here to soak up all the cool tricks and techniques. Hopefully I can contribute as well.

Back in my youth we climbed Mt. Washington (NH) every year and it seemed like we did a lot more wilderness and back country camping. I spent 5 years on the west coast of the USA in Oregon and really enjoyed the outdoor experience there. New England is also great since we have the ocean, forests, mountains and even more kinds of weather to play in!

Looking forward to getting back to nature with the young padawans.

Yoda

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Hi and welcome, you've got some great countryside around you. Had a couple of stays in a cabin up in Maine with friends from Boston as a kid. My Dad still says the fastest he's ever seen me run was when a moose bellowed when we were walking near the cabin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE