Hello from North Norfolk UK!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 7, 2017
North Norfolk
It's funny how things happen isn't it. I happened to be on my first aid at work requalification last week and met norfolkjohn, and in passing chatting over lunch mentioned my love of wild camping and all things bushcraft. Oh he says, me too, and you should join BCUK. So here I am! I am an avid hammock camper now, having just recently (~2 years) discovered it. I used to be a ground dweller, well ever since my expeditions into the mountains and forests of Switzerland with my uncle during the summer holidays as a young kid!

I'm still ok on the ground but I have to say at my middle age there is a certain extra comfort involved in a hammock I find! I've been taking my daughter wild camping since she was 6, and it's one of our favourite things to do together! I've started making my own equipment and I love to refine my kit (who doesn't!). I love trying to make new kit and experimenting. My current setup is as follows:

DD Camping Hammock
DD Multicam 4 x 4 m Tarp
Homemade Whoopie Slings from 5mm Dyneema (I'm a heavy boy ;-) )
DMM Spectre 2 Carabiners
Super Strength Homemade tree straps with camloks
Homemade Underblanket with Climashield Apex insulation
Yellowstone Sleepwell 300 Sleeping Bag (Pod style)

I cook/boil on a Solostove Titanium lit and generally eat with a quickly whittled wooden fork!

When on the water I paddle either our 3 1/2 man Fibreglass Ottersports open canoe, or my Perception Sundance!

Looking forward to reading all the forums!

Jaffaf

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hello and welcome, Norfolk John a good friend of mine and spoke about you.

As you are aware we go out weekly and are welcome to tag along and enjoy our little piece of nature.

D

Jul 7, 2017
North Norfolk
Why thankyou! I will do just that. I am crazy busy with planning our kids holiday club which is 24th - 27th July, but after that i'd love to come join you! I'll PM you once the craziness is over!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE