Hello from North East Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baldman Jump

Aug 10, 2015
Fleet
Hi there,

Been lurking for quite a while, so finally signed up.

I'm on SOTP and recognise a few names on here. Been canoeing for about 3 yrs, and rediscovered my love of camping (ie cooking bacon!) and just spending more and more time outdoors.

Had some great wkends with folk from SOTP and done a couple of solo wild camps.

Increasingly find myself on here, learning more and more stuff to supplement my canoeing camping.

Dog walks have become an extension of all this, with little missions for my daughter... This week she took her penknife and firesteel, and had to find her own tinder (birchbark, dry grass, a couple of downy feathers (!?), a the fluffy top of a thistle), to start a small fire so she could have her hot chocolate.... Success!!! And memory money cant buy!!

I currently have a splint on my right hand having severred a tendon in my little finger...so she had extra pressure because I wasn't much help! Cant do much outdoorsy stuff at the mo... but mini adventures like this will get me through the next coupl of months of frustration.

Cheers

Baldman Jump

Baldman Jump

Aug 10, 2015
Fleet
Thanks.

Enjoy your reviews John (although there must be plenty of other halves that curse you when credit card bills come in! ;) )

Yes, sorry...Song of the Paddle....a must for anyone even vaguely interested in canoeing :)

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hi and welcome to the forum from Bonny Scotland.
When your fit again, get yourself up here and do the Great Glen Canoe Trail, an amazing :canoe: trip with great scenery and camping and more than enough Midges for everyone :mosquitos: get well soon Bro.

Last edited:

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
Welcome Baldman!

I'm not a million miles away from you, just outside Sherfield on Loddon.

My my wife and I are planning our first Canadian canoe adventure this week - paddling from Hay on Wye. In support of that, we are hiring a canoe for a practise some time this coming week from Odiham for an hour or two on the Basingstoke Canal.

if it goes as well as I'm imagining, I'd be surprised if we'd not bought our first canoe by the end of the year!

Baldman Jump

Aug 10, 2015
Fleet
Welcome Baldman!

I'm not a million miles away from you, just outside Sherfield on Loddon.

My my wife and I are planning our first Canadian canoe adventure this week - paddling from Hay on Wye. In support of that, we are hiring a canoe for a practise some time this coming week from Odiham for an hour or two on the Basingstoke Canal.

if it goes as well as I'm imagining, I'd be surprised if we'd not bought our first canoe by the end of the year!

Hello,

Not done the Wye yet, but on the list. Canoe hire at Odiham is where I started... lovely part of the canal, cant go wrong.

Plenty of friendly paddlers around this area, and quite a few options within an hours drive (B'stoke canal, the Wey, Thames, and tidal waters of Hamble, Itchen etc around the Solent area).

Good luck, hope all goes well and see you on the water some time :)

Cheers

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Welcome Baldman. From Bstoke but work in fleet myself. Enjoy the forum. Check out the Hampshire camping thread if you fancy coming along to a meetup in the future.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE