Hello from British Columbia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hrafnmann

Jan 19, 2013
BC
Hello,

Given the name of this forum I was unsure if us colonials would be allowed here. :D

Anyway, I’ve lived in the Rockies all my life with the wilderness starting in my backyard. In these parts one use to just grow up naturally learning outdoor skills since hunting, fishing, camping, etc. were activities people just routinely “did”.

I came across this site while researching some outdoor clothing…in fact it was hard to even avoid this place showing up as a hit in the search engines! Clearly something was up, so I figured if you can’t beat them, well, you know. ;) So far I’m enjoying trawling through the information since at least when it comes to equipment, it is nice to cut through the spin of somebody trying to sell you something and to the folk that actually have used it. Experience and opinion are invaluable.

Cheers!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We manage to work with the diversity that is the assortment of peoples of the British Isles.....English (with it's dozens of variations), Welsh, Scottish (north and south, east and west), Northern Irish, Irish, Manx, Cornish, Hebrideans, Channel Islanders, Orcadians, Shetlanders, etc. as well as the assorted dialects; you'll fit in fine :D (I have this suspicion that I ought to have included Yorkshire as a seperate entity too ;) )

Welcome to the forum :D

cheers,
Toddy

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
We manage to work with the diversity that is the assortment of peoples of the British Isles.....English (with it's dozens of variations), Welsh, Scottish (north and south, east and west), Northern Irish, Irish, Manx, Cornish, Hebrideans, Channel Islanders, Orcadians, Shetlanders, etc. as well as the assorted dialects; you'll fit in fine :D (I have this suspicion that I ought to have included Yorkshire as a seperate entity too ;) )

Welcome to the forum :D

cheers,
Toddy

You probably should have separated the north and south Walians too. They speak different languages for a start. :D

You are very welcome Hrafnmann, and I'm sure you will have lots of knowledge to add to what is already here. There are many who would envy your location.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Off Topic :eek:

You probably should have separated the north and south Walians too. They speak different languages for a start. :D

Well, yes, but where does that end ? There's an 8th century description of south west Scotland as, "that part of Wallia that is in Scotland"......come to think on it, that might explain the Ayrshire/Galloway crew :D

M

Hrafnmann

Jan 19, 2013
BC
Hi Hrafnmann - welcome to the forum

Whereabouts in BC are you, love the country, visited a few times now

My lot left England well over a century ago and came to 'pioneer' in the south eastern Rockies...I'm still holding out. ;) Many visitors say how spoilt we are for natural beauty and I guess they are right. It is just 'home' to me.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Off Topic :eek:

Well, yes, but where does that end ? There's an 8th century description of south west Scotland as, "that part of Wallia that is in Scotland"......come to think on it, that might explain the Ayrshire/Galloway crew :D

M

I lived in Ayrshire for a while, and I agree entirely :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE