Hello everyone!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
Hello everyone, I have just joined this camp and this is just a few words to introduce myself.

I am a girl, of the baby-boomer generation as we are called across the Atlantic, yes the grumpy ones (see TV program "angry old men", well we are not really "old" and some of us are women! :lol:! but I must say the program has a point and the guests' grumpiness must strike a chord with many of our age group! :lol: ! Well they can't stand mobile phones and all the rest of it!).

I lived in Central london many many years and now in Greater London where it is greener. I am a language tutor in this part of my life after working in communication and being an architect in other parts of my life.

I am an "adoptive Brit" , being originally from across the Channel. Been here too long to remember exactly when I crossed the Channel, well before Eurostar came about! :lol: !

I have always been an outdoory person, a nature person but in recent years it seems it turns into my main interest and the sort of lifestyle I really long for.

Over the years I also taught myself a lot about wildlife and natural habitats in Britain around the world, which is another passion quite closely related to the passion for the outdoors.

I recently attended the "Wilderness Gathering" (Bison Farm, Dorset) where I met Kath, we talked and it is then I decided to join the Bushcraftuk camp.

I am already camping in another outdoors forum, "Outdoors-Magazine.com", and a moderator there for a forum expressing the female side of the outdoors experience, "Women's Perspective".

But being a "nomade", I decided to camp here too and look forward to meeting everyone!

J

Jamie

Welcome aboard nomade, glad you found us!!

Enjoy the site :)

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Hi Nomade
Very glad you made it over here, it was nice to meet you at the Wilderness Gathering. Did you enjoy the herb walk with Jackie?

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
So nice to find all your welcome messages so soon after I put down my rucksack here! Thanks all of you!

Sorry Jamesdevine I just picked the same avatar as you. I knew it was already someone else's avatar but a wolf it had to be...so I chose it anyway (didn't know we would be side by side so soon but I guess both wolves belong to the same pack and are quite happy howling to eachother! :lol: .

It is nice to hear from friends here new and "old": with "old" friends we can continue previous campfire chatting and with new friends start new campfire stories...Yes Martin I did enjoy the herbs walk at the "Wilderness Gathering" and it is incredible that in such a short time you can gain a new eye on all these edible/medicinal plants although I already knew of some of them. I haven't memorized them all but took notes. I went back to Bison Farm solo the following weekend and could eat some leaves shown during the "herbs walk" (I had also taken a salad dressing to accomodate dandelion salads in the wood). The gathering was such workshop whirlwind for me that I didn't even check messages on the mobile: I found yours back in London, Martin. Sorry! And thanks for calling me, fortunately we met there anyway.Moonraker nice to see you here, I just left a comment for you in the "sister camp" OMF about last night's Ray Mears Masai safari, Kath how are you these days, do you miss the bisons? (for my "new" friends here Bison Farm was where the "Wilderness Gathering" took place in early September and at which Martin, Kath and I met for the first time. Kath set up her camp under the watchful eye of the bison herd and felt very protected). Well unfortunately on my second and solo camp there I never saw a single bison (the farmers said they were "at the far end" :cry: ) and the male elks were claiming their territory (breeding season) with wolf like howlings :wink:. I wonder if the bisons think it is wolf howling...I look forward so much to chatting with all of you!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE