Hello everyone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

0121nelly

Nov 14, 2021
Rubery, West Midlands
Hi Everyone I'm new to this site so please be patient while I get my bearings, I'm into bushcraft in a big way and love to wild camp anywhere I can and practice bushcraft skills, I'm ex army and just love being outdoors in any weather it helps my mental health so much as I've been struggling for a few years now but feel much better since started getting outside again anyone who wants to go out overnight and wild camp just let me know and we can arrange something as I'm fedup of going out on my own keep safe and keep in touch

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Hi Everyone I'm new to this site so please be patient while I get my bearings, I'm into bushcraft in a big way and love to wild camp anywhere I can and practice bushcraft skills, I'm ex army and just love being outdoors in any weather it helps my mental health so much as I've been struggling for a few years now but feel much better since started getting outside again anyone who wants to go out overnight and wild camp just let me know and we can arrange something as I'm fedup of going out on my own keep safe and keep in touch
Messaged you mate

Reactions: MartinK9

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Hi and welcome! I agree, being outdoors does wonders for your mood.

0121nelly

Nov 14, 2021
Rubery, West Midlands
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Kings Norton, just down the road from you. I'll be at the next lords wood meet (all going well).
Hi Jimbo yes your not far from me and I will be at the next Lords wood meet, do you know if their is any woods around where we live where the farmer will let us use I might go out walking tomorrow and ask a few farmers who are close to me if we could use their woodland for overnighter and bushcraft I live by Wensley country park got lots of farms around there with patches of woodlands I'll keep you posted

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Hi again
Nice part of Wales your from if I'm correct not to far from the breacons it's lovely around there
Yeah, this part of Wales is great, even if a bit overlooked. I’m 1-2 h from Brecon Beacons (depending on where you want to go), but funnily enough I haven’t been there for ages. I’ve been trying to make a point to visit more of the local places of late, now that there are fewer tourists so easier to get parking and so on. The coastal path is spectacular and the Preseli hills are really underrated.

0121nelly

Nov 14, 2021
Rubery, West Midlands
Yeah, this part of Wales is great, even if a bit overlooked. I’m 1-2 h from Brecon Beacons (depending on where you want to go), but funnily enough I haven’t been there for ages. I’ve been trying to make a point to visit more of the local places of late, now that there are fewer tourists so easier to get parking and so on. The coastal path is spectacular and the Preseli hills are really underrated.
hi sara r
i have always wanted to walk the costal path around wales especially around pembrokeshire i was told the views are beautiful, maybe one day i will go and spend 3 or 4 days walking along the costal path and wild camp if i can.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
hi sara r
i have always wanted to walk the costal path around wales especially around pembrokeshire i was told the views are beautiful, maybe one day i will go and spend 3 or 4 days walking along the costal path and wild camp if i can.
Pretty much all of it is amazing, with the sea cliffs and little coves and beaches. Most of it feels very remote, even if you come across tiny villages fairly regularly. It is very much up and down though, as every time you get a little stream, there is a deep cut in the cliffs and the path goes down one side and back up the other. Over and over again, it’s a killer on the knees if you have any issues with them! It can get very slick with mud when it has been raining a lot, so good footwear is recommended. It can be brutally cold in the wind or sweltering hot in the sun where the path is sheltered by tall hedges - all during the same walk. I love it! :D

I usually keep an eye out for good bivvying spots when we’re walking along it and there are some, but maybe not as many as you’d think, looking at the maps. Definitely doable though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE