Hello All

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Hello all.
My names Syd, and I've been interested in bushcraft and the outdoors for about 20 years, since I was a boy scout in the late 1980's. I'm out predominantly in the peak district, though occasionally I travel further afield when I have the time & money.

Normally I carry an Osprey daysack with
Dry Foods, Chocalate/Mint Cake, Harribo
Stove(normally a Jetboil PCS)
2Ltr hydration bladder
1Ltr SIGG Type Bottle
1Pint Metal Mug
Latte/Mocha Sachets
Laplander Saw
2 Season Sleeping Bag
Surplus Gore Tex Bivi Bag
Basha & Bungee's
15M Para/550 Cord
Fishing kit
NATO KFS Set
Basic wash kit and life systems 1.5m square towel
and a First Aid kit

Having said that, I have recently been adding a few kilo's of rocks when I've been going out in preparation for doing a lot of long distance walking from the spring.

Clothing & kit on me, I normally have
Magnum Boots
Surplus Lightweight Trousers
Paramo Mountain Pull On or Gambia Sport Zip, depending on the weather
Paramo Alta2 Jacket
Bridgedale Endurance Trekker
OS 1;25,000 Laminated Map
Silver Type 4/54
Mora Clipper
Gerber DET
Survival Tin
Turbo Flame lighter

Well, thats me & my gear.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
alreet syd, nice to meet ye, ye seem to have all the proper kit there mate , but don't worry there will be threds on this site that will have ye buying all kinds of wonderfull things.lol

cheers andrew.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
No thanks, I think I've got enough sleeping gear, I dont think they'd aprove if more turned up in the post, especially after I bought a copy of the Terra Nova Laser tent last week, £100 for three weeks acomodation.

Edit; Go on then, I'll have a look, whats the link?(for academic reasons you understand)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE