Hello All

Feb 27, 2012
New South Wales
Hi everyone, just introducing myself; long time (several years) visitor and registered a while ago but haven't been active.
I grew up on a smallish farm (for here) we produce superfine merino wool, fat lambs and beef cattle. I work 9-5 in IT in town currently, setting myself and family up to be able to afford to live back at the farm. (Best way to make a small fortune farming? ... Start with a large fortune... )
I've spent some time in the UK, at Kendal and Kirkby Lonsdale up in the Lakes District area (think KL is not Lakes, but pretty close). Also visited relatives in Perthshire in Scotland for a bit. Spent most of my time with countryside folk and got the bug for the place, and I suppose BCUK is a bit of a way to revisit.
I enjoy camping and being outdoors generally, I'm a cobbler by trade and do a bit of leather work still-Mostly cutting tool sheaths- I also enjoy making knives and am looking to set up a forge to make use of my grandfather's tools-he was the local blacksmith in his area in Victoria.

Anyway thanks for having me on your forum.

Cheers, Eo

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Hi Eo, and welcome.
Lived for a while in WA, but travelled all over Oz. A friend of mine has a station in Bendemeer running sheep mostly,anywhere near you ? Have not got a map handy.
I also do a bit of leatherwork, mostly mending saddlery and making stuff for myself.

Feb 27, 2012
New South Wales
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Birchwood, Bendemeer is in the Northern tablelands, we're in the Southern tablelands. It would be about 600 km ( or 375 miles) from us. I have been up that way-it's similar country but a bit higher and a bit colder than us, generally more rugged. There is some rivalry between the Northern, Central and Southern tablelands about who grows the finest wool.
Elen, Mum used to do a lot of spinning but not so much now. I'm trying to get her to spin up some greasy wool for a nice weatherproof jumper (sweater/pullover). Wish I had one today; winter here and particularly chilly today.
Cheers, Eo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE