Helikon Tex, any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Evening all,

I’m looking at a small sling bag.

The Helikon Tex EDC sling seems to fit the bill at the right price.

Does anyone have any experience of the brand? What’s the build quality like generally?

Regards
Wildgoose

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I have some of their clothing and the quality has been fair to good. I know of some complains but have not seen any bad ones. Price and quality meet.

Reactions: Wildgoose

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Some good reviews from guys I know who own Helikon stuff, mostly clothing.

What will you use the edc pack for? I have a Patagonia Atom 8l sling for edc and it fits the bill very well. I also use it for lightweight fishing.... just a recommendation.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I looked at the Patagonia as I like their gear.

I like the organisation on the Helikon sling. The pockets are lined with velour (I know..) which means hook Velcro will stick to it. They sell purpose made pouches to fit, but I’m sure I could make something similar myself.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I don't think you'll go wrong with a Helikon Tex bag. I've got the Helikon Tex Bergen and the Bushcraft Haversack (and some matching pouches, you've gotta accesorise!!). Admittedly the haversack is a new acquisition but I've had the Bergen for over a year now and it has been excellent as a daysack. It has even seen use for the odd overnight camp and has held up remarkably well considering I loaded it to the gunwales.

The build quality on both products has been very good (they seem to use good quality cordura fabric) and you get a clear sense that they will stand the test of time. Good value products in my opinion.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I've got a couple of Helikon Tex bags, several trousers, shorts and their Bushcraft Smock and I've been impressed with the quality and detail on every item so far. I have had a couple of seams go on the trousers but this is normal wear and tear for me as they get used heavily, they will replace them though. Definitely recommended.

jtkirkland

Dec 11, 2014
Coastal Georgia, United States
I have a number of their bags. I carrier the large messenger every day as my work bag. I have found the gear to be solidly made, well thought out and a good value for the money (if you don't have to pay some kind of extraordinary shipping).

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I have one of the little Helikon Tex Bergen rucksacks. It's certainly well-made and well-designed, though is, perhaps, just a little small for my purposes. However, if it is representative of their other bags, I'd say Helikon Tex is probably worth a flutter.

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
I only own their clothing but have been very pleased with it, I don't think that you will regret getting their sling

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I've used a Direct Action* messenger bag, stuffed full, for a couple of years now. It's help up well.

*I dislike the name but it's was made by Helikon-Tex.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Thanks for the feedback, I’m waiting for black to come back in stock then will push the button, as tempting as coyote is I don’t need another green/brown bag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE