Hedgelaying grand prix (North west)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Hi folks,
Did anyone see the local north west news on the BBC on Saturday at 6 pm. For the first time in seven years, and more, someone has finally paid attention to the plight of our traditional countryside crafts :eek: . They featured the Beacon Country Park competition, and gave us 1 and a half minutes......................great!, it was a really good feature, and a great shot of my backside (good job I had my ppe on!) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: . If anyones interested on hedgeing, and I know it's not strictly Bushy, drop me a line and ile sort you out.
Many thanx.......

Mark.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Hi redflex,
Normally we would use coppiced hazel rods, but this is not exclusive, you can use Ash, Beech in fact any straight wood, this years stakes for the comp were ................................................................Leylandii :eek: Yes amazing, thats what I said when I saw them. Over the past few years it has been increasingly difficult to get hold of good quality hazel stakes, that are cheap enough. We coppice are own for the everyday work, because it's not so important, but at the comp competitors are judged on the staking, so they like good ones.
Hope thats ok mate,
Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE