hedgelaying competition 4th of march

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
i'm entering this and thought i'd share.
if any of you are local and wish to enter or spectate. there is a hedgelaying comp in the ashington community woods.

there are two classes;

1- novice, midland style, 7 yard stretch, may work in pairs.

2- open, any style, 10 yard stretch.

time limit of 5.5 hours.

entries and enquiries via peter downes of groundwork north east 01670 514876 peter.downes@groundwork.org .uk

mind if you are entering, make sure you aren't very good (competitive much!) :eek:

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
just a bit of an update;
pretty good turnout on the novice class (midland style) had 9 entries and everybody gave a good account of themselves on their allocated stretch, although i think i had a 5 hour panic attack :lmao:
the open class only had 2 entries but the standard they set was fantastic (yorkshire and derbyshire styles)
the event was presided over by the president of the national hedgelaying association no less! and i was glad of his feedback.
anyhoo i was lucky enough to scrape through with a 3rd place in the novice class, so super stoked with that :)
i'd like to say that there will be pics but i honestly didn't have time. although some may appear on the ashington community woodland website.
oh and it lashed it down all day! :canoe:

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
so you managed to fix your axe then....:rolleyes:

well done J, and with a gammey leg too, good work matey, any picture would be good old chap.....:)

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Proper stoked for you mate. Would have been interested if I didn't have a volunteer group already booked in. Good job I was working really eh lol.

send a link if your handy work its on the web site or better yet happy to drive out to take a gander on a day off.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE