Heavy Duty S.F.A. masks FS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Prices dropped

BOTH SOLD pending funds

I've made these as no nonsense, heavy duty replacements, for the standard masks supplied with GB S.F.A's

I've made them from very stiff and solid, Mexican tooling hide, 3.5mm veg tan ( a right buxxer to cut but extremely tough)

I haven't wasted time stitching these, as they just don't need it.
Glued then riveted, with solid copper saddlers rivets.

Not exactly pretty but well up to the job;)

P2050087.jpg

First one is the "prototype":
P2050088.jpg

P2050089.jpg

The rivets are a bit oversize and it was my first attempt but the result is very robust.
SOLD pf

Next up:
This one has the right size rivets, same build just looks more in proportion.
P2050090.jpg

P2050094.jpg

P2050092.jpg

[COLOR="blue"[B][SIZE="4"]]SOLD [/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

thanks for looking

R.B.

Last edited:

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thanks all, I've been planning on getting to grips with saddlers rivets for ages, specifically to make my axe masks safer and more durable.

I cocked up with the size of rivets and how much to trim them off on the first ones, but I'm about where I need to be now.

anyway, I just thought I'd see if anyone wanted to upgrade, to something that should last as long as their axe;)

They are bomb proof, which is what I was after but the Mexican veg tan is murder to cut!:tapedshut

cheers

Steve

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Steve - I need a replacement for my Wetterlings Large Hunter - similar size to an SFA - reckon it'd fit?

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
awesome work again steve... I have just managed to break the press stud holder on my wildlife hatchet sheath i may have to employ your services again haha

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE