Heads up - Post office not sending sharps after 22nd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Every_Cloud

Mar 13, 2024
Southern part of the UK
I found a list of what can and cant be shipped using royal mail. The First tick is the UK THE Second Tick International

1715166533117.png
1715166579119.png
1715166623601.png
The wording on the Offensive Weapons act is confusing, the only thing I picked up was that if you are selling a knife you cannot market it as a weapon, which is fine that makes sense.

SurgeUK

Apr 4, 2024
UK
I'm posting a package tomorrow, to Germany (as part of a GAW on another forum)

It includes a Fox Vulpis 5 and a Kershaw Pub (nothing else is in any way controversial) It's all declared as such on the Customs form.

I have no doubt it will arrive unmolested (except possible Customs charges?)

I'll let you know.

Stay safe out there,

Darren.

Reactions: Every_Cloud

Every_Cloud

Mar 13, 2024
Southern part of the UK
I'm posting a package tomorrow, to Germany (as part of a GAW on another forum)

It includes a Fox Vulpis 5 and a Kershaw Pub (nothing else is in any way controversial) It's all declared as such on the Customs form.

I have no doubt it will arrive unmolested (except possible Customs charges?)

I'll let you know.

Stay safe out there,

Darren.
Hope all goes well Darren, keep us in the loop please. I assume you are using Royal Mail?

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I am going to send a couple of knives that are not worth anything to a friend I have in Texas to see how it goes. They are only small, I will wrap them well and see what happens. BTW reading the new rules again, maybe its not as bad as we thought or I could just be seeing the wording as I want to see it lol

To me it reads as no knives or blades items in the mail at all if it’s international.

Every_Cloud

Mar 13, 2024
Southern part of the UK
SO FAR SO GOOD!

I sent a knife to the USA, I raised the shipping request on line on the RM site on Monday, it was picked up by RM on Tuesday 8th May.

Am tracking it - so far so good!! The customs form as shown as "Sale" and "Pocket Knife". Curtiss Custom Knives ODT Frame Lock Knife. @Herman30 !

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 10.27.35.png

Last edited:

Every_Cloud

Mar 13, 2024
Southern part of the UK
@Every_Cloud
How can this not be understood, can not be said any clearer:

International destinations - Not allowed in the mail.

For international you have to use a courier company, USP, DPS, Fedex....

Thanks !! I didn't say I didn't understand!! What I actually said was I reading it "seeing what I wanted to see". lol :))

If you read the full RM new rules, it also refers to the Offensive Weapons Act, so its not just that one line it also references the OWA which you need to read to get a fuller understanding.

Last edited:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
IMG-4830.jpg

Every_Cloud

Mar 13, 2024
Southern part of the UK
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

I will go with what I think is right, so far the parcel I sent to the USA earlier this week is on track :) without issues.

Have a nice evening

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

I will go with what I think is right, so far the parcel I sent to the USA earlier this week is on track :) without issues.

Have a nice evening
Out of interest, what do you interpret the line “international destinations - not allowed in the Mail” to mean?

I don’t see how it can be interpreted any other way.

Reactions: Herman30

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I think it could be interpreted that the folding, sub 3" knives are not included in the rules as a whole. Having the 'International - not allowed in the mail' after the sub 3" folder exemption doesn't help make this clear cut.

Ideally I'd hope that right at the bottom of the page, below everything, it said "Sub 3" folding knives are not included in any of the above rules" or something like that.

Every_Cloud

Mar 13, 2024
Southern part of the UK
Out of interest, what do you interpret the line “international destinations - not allowed in the Mail” to mean?

I don’t see how it can be interpreted any other way.
It isn't clear IMHO one minute the wording seems to exclude all items, the next it seems to exclude some knife type items. See the green highlighted bit on my earlier message. The reason RM have gone down this route is so that they abide by the UK Offensive Weapons Act. Also because some silly billies didn't package their knives safely and it caused injury to RM employees.

I Googled offensive weapons it said - An offensive weapon is anything made or adapted to cause injury, or intended to be used as a weapon, including disguised weapons. Examples include: a baseball bat, hammer or any other heavy implement if it is intended to be used as a weapon. acid and other corrosive substances that are intended to be thrown at someone.

I am going to package up a couple of small knives that are not worth much and have less than a 3" blade - I will send them to my friend in Texas. I will, as I always do, declare that they are pocket knives. I will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: mikehill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE