HEADS UP- Lidl Sleeping Bag

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Cheers for that.... its a good size bag too if you are of the larger persuasion (as i am :) )

230cm x 85.

I'll be off to lidl's for a look see!

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
The watch (which I rather fancy):
UK_49034_01_b.jpg

would go nicely with this:
bear+grylls+knife.jpg

:naughty:

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
UK_49034_01_b.jpg

I have very serious reservations about this watch, every item of electronic gear I have ever bought from Lidl has only lasted a couple of months at most.
Usually it's the LCD screen that goes.
Happy trails...torc.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I have very serious reservations about this watch, every item of electronic gear I have ever bought from Lidl has only lasted a couple of months at most.
Usually it's the LCD screen that goes.
Happy trails...torc.

Yes, I've bought electronic stuff from Lidl and the same thing happened to me.

I suppose you should keep the receipt and take it back, but I suppose not many people do..

MickT

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Being strapped for cash, I took a chance on the £15 walking shoes they also had. Nice, comfy, good support, seemed waterproof, and lasted 3 days before one of the lace studs popped off as I did them up. Disappointed, because up until then they were doing well.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
I just had a look at their 'outdoor' offerings - wouldn't say any of it was particularly outstanding. You are getting precisely the quality you're paying for, not that it's a bad thing if you don't expect too much.

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
I was tempted by the watch but seeing in the flesh this evening it was quite a monster! I've also had problems with Aldi electricals, a former compass watch loses a couple of minutes a day.
I did get the hiking socks though as I've had no problems with their running equivalents.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
The socks are a good spec, but everything else was pretty rubbish. They do still have some of those folding saws though, which are pretty good.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
The sleeping bag is described as 4 season but it's only comfort rated to about -2 degrees Celsius as far as I can tell. So it's hardly going to be much use in a winter camp. I've got 3 season bags warmer than that!

Caveat emptor.

Magicman2

Jul 8, 2010
King's Lynn Norfolk
I have had a look at the sleeping bag too, and to be honest I don't think it's up to a lot I think you would be better advised to look at the "Vango" 3 & 4 season sleeping bags at "Go outdoors" at least they are going to keep you warm

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
And they are a quid at Poundland!
On the other hand, they've got some interesting running tops, and Aldi have some cycling stuff worth a look at - including merino wool (36%) tops for £14.99.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE