Heads Up - Austrian Woolen FULL ZIP Cardigan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

I've been after one of these for ages (Pullover style with buttons becoming rare - full zip even rarer) and after missing an opportunity in Austria a while back I though that I'd never get the chance again.

I T'd up some button fronted versions for BCUK members just recently after a visit to S&O Kidderminster but even those weren't in my size.

Nipped over there today - Scored One! - size 44- 46 Chest (BH size 6).

They had at least one other 44-46 and I think the others were 42 -44 chest.

They're not cheap but they all looked in really good condition - (mine is like new!).

Fits me like a (Dachstein) glove - oh alright -eine Strickjacke :lmao:

BH Wool Cardy 2.jpg

PS There were also some really nice Austrian surplus (olive-grey) ski mitts there too (gauntlet type) -
Goretex; lined; leather(ette?) palms; wrist and cuff adjuster and dangle elastics.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
So is there a link, a website? Have i got to literally old school get my butt there to get one? :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I had a new zip put on mine. They're very good. 44-46 would be a 112. Youre lucky to find one, they are like rocking horse poop

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up MikeLA,

Fit-wise I found that they varied slightly even in the same label. I assume that this is due to the fact that they are shrunken wool (a la Dachstein mittens).

One I tried on was slightly tight in the body but the shoulders fit perfectly, another vice-versa.

The cut (or knit pattern) is, for want of a better term 'Y' style to give room under the arms (they were designed for mountaineering).

Mine fits correctly across the shoulders but it's not Gucci tight across the chest/under the arms. I don't like tight-fitting clothing.

My sizes are chest -114cms; Shoulders - 63cms and I'm happy with the fit of the BH size 6 (assessed by S&O as 44-46 inches).

The length from Nape to hem is 74cms.

Hope that helps.

GGTBod

Here is link to a conversion web-site - and yes - you've got to 'old school' move your fingers across the key board to access it!

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE