Hawthorn Blossom Wine

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hey guys/gals

I've just put a couple of gallons of hawthorn blossom wine in to steep, will be adding my yeast on Wednesday and they will probably be bottling within a month!

The only problem is that i'll have to leave it for 6 months to mature!!:rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'd really like to hear how you get on with this; our Hawthorns are beautiful to look at but the smell.......... :(

cheers,
Toddy

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Ihave heard people say hawthorns smell of death before, i dont see that at all - first thing in the morning while it is slightly cloying its a rather nice smell. But just how did you manage to collect enough flowers i mean did you pull of th florets or use snippers?- i thought about it and then decided the elderflower was much easier. I had heard of hawthorn used to flavour creme before which sounds fun to me, for a trifle with damson gin in the sponge.. hmmm

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Well Ive just added sugar and yeast which means it need to brew in my bucket for about a week, then on to a demi john leaving the bucket free for elderflower to start lol

I'll update to this thread as and when so if your interested jjust check bback here

Thanks Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE