Hat recommendations please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Although I have a selection of too many hats, if I was restricted to one I would go for the Lowe mountain cap due to its versatility with the flexible peak and the foldaway ear pieces. It is also easy to wash. I have an original and the gore tex version not much difference between them.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Did you look at the Peruvian chullo?
I'm a product of many, many Canadian winters. Three-day blizzards and weeks of -40C.
I understand winter from farmer parents.
The best of the best have to be the chullo, both thick and thin.
I get dressed to go out in the cold, stupidos ask me if I'm cold. Not.

Reactions: Mark Baigent

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Radar jeep cap.

Nice one, good childhood memory from that comment.
MASH_episode-3x24_Radar_salutes_Henry.png

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Polyester, so will be perfect in the British rain!

If I wore the Red Star, my immediate ancestors, specially grand father, would spin in his grave soooo badly.....
The Finnish or Swedish cockade is much nicer.
An Ushanka ( Ear hat) needs to have a cockade.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Many here look the Tactical look.
:)

I think an ushanka might be to warm for England.
I have two in that style, both animal base, and can only use them on cold Arctic days.

You can always put a civilian looking cockade / something on it.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Stormy Kromer.
Stormy_Kromer_Mackinaw_Cap_50070-415__19670.1557325261.jpg

Wax cotton available as well. The wool version is my favourite.
When I worked as a welder we all had Kromer caps we wore backwards so the peak stopped the spatter/sparks from going down the back of our necks.
Theres a kind of tradition that means all those Kromer welders hats are absolutely wazzy colours, flowery acid patterns, polkadots, flags and so on.
I suspect its come from the American patterned seed sack dress days but I have no proof so not sure.

I still have one kicking about somewhere. Wazzy Kromer hat, not a seed sack dress. Ahem.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
When I worked as a welder we all had Kromer caps we wore backwards so the peak stopped the spatter/sparks from going down the back of our necks.
Theres a kind of tradition that means all those Kromer welders hats are absolutely wazzy colours, flowery acid patterns, polkadots, flags and so on.
I suspect its come from the American patterned seed sack dress days but I have no proof so not sure.

I still have one kicking about somewhere. Wazzy Kromer hat, not a seed sack dress. Ahem.
Subtle ?
454-364985xxx.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE