Harvest Time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Went for a short walk today, just up over the hills, took the two boys, me Mum & sister, had a right old laugh and collected some seasonal fruit.

DSCF3636.jpg

In total we collected just under 10.5lbs of plums (including some that are a little green still- tis for the pectin you see:rolleyes:) and just a shade over 2lbs of blackberries, although we did pick an awful lot more, well you have to have to sample the produce to make sure it's ok don't you?.

DSCF3641.jpg

The plums will get split into two batches with some being made into jam the rest being placed in the dehydrator for storage and consumption later in the year, the blackers will all get used in a nice home made blackberry and crab apple crumble or pie, there are loads of plums still up there so and the blackers are really only just beginning, depending on how we go, i might just pop back up there later in the week and get some more.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice haul :D
I'm awash with herbs drying just now, I've made 24 jars of blackcurrant jam and jelly and there's still 3kgs in the freezer. I've got 2kgs of strawberries to use tomorrow for jam and syrup and the brambles are just ripening in enough volume to consider picking :)
The crab apples and rowans are looking inviting too :D

cheers,
Toddy

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sounds like you have overtaken us on the brambles, although we got a good couple of pounds of them, the vast majority of the fruits are still green, with a good percentage still being in flower too, the Haws are not far off being right though, as i said to my sister earlier (they taste like the smell of fresh cut grass" well to me they do

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE