Hardware sourcing for recreating Swedish Defense Force Lone Wolf button tarp poncho.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hey. Hey just looking for proper brass grommets and good quality buttons and thread for recreating copying the Swedish Poncho lone wolf button tarp. Have found one through www.flobyyoverskottslager.se . I have one unused grey model coming as the others were sold out. Will surely purchase a few more in the coming months. I am interested in producing some Canvas copies of this design and some others using Canvas surplus fabric or tarps. Thank you.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Was one too many y's in your link

Reactions: kawasemi

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
For serious needles and thread (and hand protectors), find a saddle maker. The waxed linen is impressive.
I use a "Speedy Stitcher" with 2 thread sizes maybe once every 2 weeks to fix something.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I saw lone wolf and immediately thought of my lone wolf tarp. Which is made of apocalypse proof rubbery plastic. Imagined a garment, if worn, would guarantee weight loss.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
I imagine that is fine foul weather gear. The ones I have found are the linen or cotton canvas type camo and grey cloth type. Have two used camo and one unused grey with two more used ones in the Post. Looks promising as a falltime shelter.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Was one too many y's in your link

What an excellent surplus website. Some interesting kit.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Yes I have had some great gear purchases. Just recently ordered the M59 winter parka with liner. Nice thick cotton jacket with heavy button in liner. NOS surplus M59 tall civil defence winter boots sized 2 sizes to big for extra socks are great boots. Got a cobbler to stitch a commando style rubber sole onto the leather sole. Sure have some great gear. Had three lone wolf ponchos one grey new condition and two camoflage pattern. Found source in the US for a couple more so now have enough to make the quarter shelter tent. Love the Swedish Forces quality surplus. Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE