Happy Thanksgiving

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm not sure where to put this thread but as the day is largely about feasting this seemed logical. I also know y'all don't celebrate this holiday but I'd still like to extend it to you as this forum and friends here are among the things I'm thankful for.

I have 2 sweet potato pies in the oven and a large bottle of wine which I will be taking my daughter's to share with her family. They're frying the turkey (whole, Cajun style) and providing the rest of the feast: dressing, apple pie, green bean casserole, and assorted other side dishes. All gluten free for the sake of my daughter. We're gonna gobble til we wobble.

Tomorrow I'm taking her and her fiance out of state so I don't know how much access I'll have to the forum until Monday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!!!

Dan

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
"gobble til you wobble" :D :D brilliant.

Happy Thanksgiving, and I'm in full agreement with BareThrills; best wishes to your family :)

cheers,
Toddy

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Dan. Your meal sounds fantastic ! Apple pie has to be in my top 5, and Cajun style Turkey sounds awesome. As you know we dont really celebrate thanksgiving over here in the way you do in the U.S. and usually only eat whole Turkeys at Christmas. What is the main meat you eat over there for Christmas ? Just curious as I have never thought about it before.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Most have turkey at Christmas also. However, another favourite is a standing rib roast of beef. I shall be roasting a turkey and taking it to my surrogate "family" over here for the midwinter feast.
Santaman - Happy thanksgiving from the home of the original. Hope you enjoyed your deep fried Turkey. I live in a condo which does not allow what the association regards as potentially dangerous practices:(

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

Perrari; As PDA1 says, most over here eat turkey at Christmas as well.

PDA; I understand the caution in a condo. We wouldn't try it either if we couldn't take the fryer well away from the buildings. And I envey you this time of year. Not just for being the home of the "original" Thanksgiving (although as my daughter's fiance is part Indian I felt more akin to the original celebration than most times before) but also because I know y'all have some truly beautiful Autumns up there. And I would never complain about a roast turkey. Fot that matter i don't think I've yet found a way to cook turkey that I don't like. Deep fried, roasted, or smoked; they're all good. But the company really makes the day.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE