Handmade pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MattW

Forager
Jun 2, 2005
Warrington, UK
Hi Singteck,

Could you tell me about the tools you show in the pictures above? - Rather than improvise using what's to hand in my garage, I really need to buy some 'proper' tools. However, when looking throughteh LePrevo website, I'm not exactly sure what to buy (there are multiple sizes and options for everything!).
I'm guessing the most useful will be the ones you show above, ie.
Round section awl
Saddlers awl (which size do you use?)
Overstich wheel (but how many stiches / inch, I'm not too sure about?)
Adjustable groover

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
best
Matt

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
MattW said:
Hi Singteck,

Could you tell me about the tools you show in the pictures above? - Rather than improvise using what's to hand in my garage, I really need to buy some 'proper' tools. However, when looking throughteh LePrevo website, I'm not exactly sure what to buy (there are multiple sizes and options for everything!).
I'm guessing the most useful will be the ones you show above, ie.
Round section awl
Saddlers awl (which size do you use?)
Overstich wheel (but how many stiches / inch, I'm not too sure about?)
Adjustable groover

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
best
Matt

If you are thinking of starting out, these are the few things that you have to get:

1. Round section awl.... mine is made from a uphosterer pin set in a handle.
2. Saddlers awl... get the smallest one and probably you have to file it down a little.
3. Overstitch wheel.... get a 6 stitch per 1" to start with. If you used thin leather then you will have to increase the stitch per inch.
4. Adjustable Groover (not that important)
5. Saddler's needles
6. Beewax
7. Linen thread.
8. Rulers.... for cutting, make sure you have one that is more then 2mm thick.

Let me know what else you need

singteck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE