Handforged Flint&steel kit.Firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Offered for sale is one of my handforged steel strikers for use with flint(provided).As you can see its made from an old file and i assure you it sparks like a demon!!:D It is 4 and a half inches long btw.
£8.50postpaid.
I can also make any style to order, just drop me a pm or post on the thread.Thanks.
P1010541.jpg

Last edited:

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Ahhhh - too late for this one - but just what I need for a little set I am putting together of things all made from files.

Can I have one similar please? A similar style though not having to be the same - but with a nice lot of file markings still showing please, would that be ok?

All the best
Dave

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
These are great buddy,can i ask if the files have to be tempered or heat treated again or can they just be shaped then used ?

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Thanks.I take the file and forge it to shape then let it cool down slowly next to the fire, then i heat it a bit above the curie point (about bright orange) this gives it a large grain structure making good for sparking.Then its quenched in water and the striking surface is ground a bit to take off the scale.All very scientific!
They probably can be just shaped then used but ive never tried.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE