handcrafted, self-sufficient woodsman's cottage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
Grand Designs Revisited
spacer.gif
9:00pm - 10:00pm
spacer.gif
Channel 4
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
2/7 - Sussex

Kevin McCloud presents the series which follows Britain's most ambitious house-building projects. He returns to Sussex to see how Ben Law's handcrafted, self-sufficient woodsman's cottage has progressed. Over the last 18 months, the upstairs has been completed and the whole house has bedded down into its landscaped kitchen garden.

ScanDgrind

Banned
Mar 18, 2004
Cornwall
Now the first part of this project made fantastic television viewing.

Let's hope this second visit to Ben's home is as entertaining.

I almost commented that this program almost made it worthwhile to pay the TV license.

Then I noticed it was Channel 4 :) .

Cheers,

Tony

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
What a calm, confident, well grounded man that Ben is. That was a really lovely tale and I'm so glad it has worked out so well for him.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
tomtom said:
its not on S4C :aargh4:

any welsh members know if it will be on here later in the week?

Yes.

Grand Designs Revisited (DIY)
Time - 22:45 - 23:45 (1 hour long)
When - Tuesday 1st November on S4C

According to digiguide..

Reactions: tomtom

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
A very good overview of the project and a stunningly beautiful home at the end of it.

I have to wish Ben and his family all the very best, he deserves it.

Ogri the trog

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Just watched it. I didn't see it the first time. Absolutely riveting. If you hadn't already posted this thread then I would have started it tonight. Just hope youngster doesn't go through a playing with matches phase.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
What to say that hasn't been said? ;) I'd seen the first show several times before, but seeing the revisit was amazing.

Ben Law is rapidly becoming a hero of mine - I'm gonna have to buy his books now. How does he manage it? Seems like a really nice bloke too...

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Must say that his books look interesting (here on Amazon), although probably somewhat out of my depth!

The architects are here - good to bear in mind for when I win the lottery and need to build my own, wooden eco-house. They do have a short summary of Ben's house too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE