hand warmners.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

darren

my favorite survival thing at the moment is these great hand warmers that are disposable. no need to heat them. all u do is open the pack, shake and it gets lovely and warm. they're available most camping shops but if its a cold wet night, fire wont start and u dont have gloves they are a life saver for me. Also its £1.49 for 2 in blacks, so i bought about 3 pairs, 6 total, i keep them in with my multitool and compass. does anyone else use these?

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I think I saw these in Aldi the other day - not sure if they were the ones you can "recharge" by boiling, I didn't look closely. Might be worth checking out if you're interested though. I have a couple of the ones with the silver disc, that you can recharge - they were free samples from a manufacturer - I'll have to try and find a link if they're still giving away freebies.

D

darren

yeh i've heard of the reusable ones but i felt that they aint worth da money and hassle.

AlbeoLupus

Forager
The ones in Blacks are NOT rechargeable :( just been in on the way into work.

I know they are cheap but if there are rechargeable ones out there for around the same price me wants em me do.

So anybody with the inside info, reveal all :eek: come tell us.

pweety pweeze :)

Andy :cool:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I got some last year free with an order for some boots - they`re okay at first but quickly go cold and not worth the effort.
Maybe mine were just rubbish - they had a little silver disc inside which you popped and then it all crystalised and became warm. A couple of minutes in the microwave recharged it.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Hand warmers for bushcrafters? Whatever next! Surely plunging ones hands into the entrails of a deer or wild boar is the kind of thing Mr. Mears would advocate? And it is, after all, a very 'green' method too! :lmao:

Happy new year!

K

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
AlbeoLupus said:
The ones in Blacks are NOT rechargeable :( just been in on the way into work.

I know they are cheap but if there are rechargeable ones out there for around the same price me wants em me do.

So anybody with the inside info, reveal all :eek: come tell us.

pweety pweeze :)

Andy :cool:

Small rechargable ones in the pound shop £1 (beleive it or not!) for a pair!
And if anyone else was wondering,I know I was! http://home.howstuffworks.com/question290.htm

D

darren

the reusables admitadly are good but the ones from blacks are for 8 hours and save alot of faff. dey react with da oxygen in the air so if u put dem back into a sandwich bag. they will turn off and still have however long left in them. turn it off after 1 hour and when you turn it back on its got 7 hours left. alot easier i think than reusables. i mean. i use them for skiing and if i get cought in an avalanch or sumthing then i wont be able to use the rusable one agen because i cant heat it up. plus if u get serious frost bite it can be hard to even open a matchbox let alone snap a metal disc inside the packaging, so i'd stick with the disposable ones for that. i also have a feeling that part of the power inside would make good fir kindling but i'm scared to try it. if anyone would like to answer that question that would be great.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
KLENCHBLAIZE said:
Hand warmers for bushcrafters? Whatever next! Surely plunging ones hands into the entrails of a deer or wild boar is the kind of thing Mr. Mears would advocate? And it is, after all, a very 'green' method too! :lmao:

Happy new year!

K

Hopefully it would be a dead deer! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE