Hand made bowie type knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
I purchased this knife about ten years ago.

What can I say, it's hand made! :lmao:
Solid sheath, very well made.

The knife was made by a gamekeeper, blade needs a little work as I've not used the knife for eight or so years. Used to be very sharp and held an edge very well indeed. It's not the prettiest knife in the world but it is functional and will last forever and ever, so if you want a knife no one else will have let me know.
It's sort of cowboy, frontiersman style. Flat grind or whatever the vogue name is these days :) Couple of small chips out of the blade, easy to remove, brass rivets and did I say that the sheath is a serious sheath :)

If you are interested, then I'll get some photos sorted but if no one is really interested in a swap then I would rather not waste me time, if you see what I mean.

John

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
weekend_warrior said:
Could we have a pic or two? and what would you like to swap it for?

I'll sort some pic's out (day off today, so I have time). As for swaps, have a look at the knife, as I say it's rustic, it's sort of grizzly Addams, could even be Buffalo bill or even Huck Finn! :)

John

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Hunter_zero said:
I'll sort some pic's out (day off today, so I have time). As for swaps, have a look at the knife, as I say it's rustic, it's sort of grizzly Addams, could even be Buffalo bill or even Huck Finn! :)

John

Knife.jpg

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Couple of technical questions -

how big is the blade

5.587"

what is the thickness.

0.170"

Was it heat treated?

No idea, I wasn't there when the chap made the knife but I would guess so due to the edge holding but it is a guess. However I suspect he knew a thing or two about knife making.

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE