hammocks.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Chris,
Never had a problem with it even during torrential jungle down poors mate, only way to know is to try ;)

Brian

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I know one tip when it comes to hammock tapes and that is...

Never hang/rest your axe on them overnight as when you check them in the morning you will find that they may well have almost worn through and you are left wondering how about a length of 2" with just 10% of it remaining managed to not snap and dump a 17 stone bloke head first to the ground :eek:

Sep 28, 2007
Bridgend
Ive only really gone out with mine when there has been a bit of a risk of rain but if I was you id use a goretex bivvie bag than you dont have any further problems

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Ive only really gone out with mine when there has been a bit of a risk of rain but if I was you id use a goretex bivvie bag than you dont have any further problems

Methinks you are being a little defeatist there Brom,
Try any combination of the methods shown above and avoid the dreadful dance of trying to get into two bags whilst in a hammock. A welded steel ring or a karabiner at each end will solve all rain wicking problems.

And welcome to the forum by the way ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Tis funny you should say that actually, I've tried and tested that method; one rainny night at the Bushmoot, my friend and I returned to our hammocks which were under the same tarp, his webbing (standard-DD stuff) looked the same as mine but was ever so slightly different in thickness, his had soaked down the water faster and his hammock was wet, mine was not, with him moaning suffciently :rolleyes: I offered to swap hammocks, let him use my dry one and I'd kip it the wet one because I had a gortex bivvy-bag and he didnt. I can safely say its not really comfortable, so I wouldn't call it a solution to the problem.

Methinks you are being a little defeatist there Brom,
Try any combination of the methods shown above and avoid the dreadful dance of trying to get into two bags whilst in a hammock. A welded steel ring or a karabiner at each end will solve all rain wicking problems.

And welcome to the forum by the way ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog
I'd second that!

Welcome to the community Brom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE