Hammock in the House

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Who use's their hammock indoors?

How have you set it up?

Im thinking heavy duty raw bolt's, the type that hold large plasma's on the walls, but im not convinced....

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I fixed planed 2x3 uprights to the walls on rawlplugs to spread the force and put hook bolts through the wood. My room only has a 3.8 metre span, so the ceiling mount wouldn't work for me. I like to unclip it in the day and ang it out of the way.

The expanding bolts are plenty strong enough to hold but the masonry wall may not be, especially with cavity walls, lack of wall ties and weak mortar-I don't think its worth risking a bulged wall.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
cheers all

I fixed planed 2x3 uprights to the walls on rawlplugs to spread the force and put hook bolts through the wood. My room only has a 3.8 metre span, so the ceiling mount wouldn't work for me. I like to unclip it in the day and ang it out of the way.

The expanding bolts are plenty strong enough to hold but the masonry wall may not be, especially with cavity walls, lack of wall ties and weak mortar-I don't think its worth risking a bulged wall.

Thats what im worried about, the house needed wall ties and i dont want to start making the brick/morter worse in said area.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got a couple of these into bricks walls in the bat cave ....

staple.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE