Hammock friendly campsites?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Velo_Exp

Jul 13, 2008
South East
Hello,

I'm still building up my kit ready for an expedition on bike with hammock and all my grear.

The initnal plan in to use campsites, so I'm based in the South East so looking to camp round brighton/hastings area.

Anyone know of any campsites that are hammock friendly, or has anyone got any tips or ideas for a hammock expo.

Once again, many thanks in advance.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've stayed at Blackberry Wood a couple of times with a hammock & basha, but I think only one pitch has suitable trees (Bramble Hide as I recall). I enjoyed it there, especially as you can light fires, but I went out of season when there was virtually no-one else around. I believe it can get quite busy, but you still get a good degree of privacy / separation from your neighbours by virtue of the trees & shrubs. Worth a try.

DHD

Jun 10, 2011
Reading, Berkshire
Just reviving this thread. Any news on hammock friendly campsites would be gratefully received. I've promised to take the kids hammock camping and any form of wild camping might be a bit too much. TIA for any information.

Thanks,

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE