Gutermann Tera 40 Thread, DIY Gear projects etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Does anyone need any of this stuff: http://www.macculloch-wallis.co.uk/Product.aspx/Gutermann!72722

Apparently its the bees knees for things like Tarps, Hammocks, and general MYOG due to its strength.

If we can get enough together for a couple of boxes it'll make it worth while.

£3.25 +VAT (£3.90) per reel individually is a little on the steep side, whereas £2.14 +VAT (£2.57) per reel if bought as a box of 10 is far better!

Postage is £2.50 +VAT (£3.00) per order from the company, to be split between participants, then postage for your items on top at cost (RMRD).

I'm going to let this run until next Friday (27th April).

Feel free to put your own colour choice down, but if, at the end, there isn't a multiple of 10 of a particular colour I'll be asking for numbers to be made up, or cancel that color etc

I'll kick things off with Black. As usual, copy and paste, then add your name at what you require as below:

Oakhill_Wanderer - 2 x Black

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Neat idea :D

Before anyone buys blue though, speak with woods_man, he's got a crate load of them and he'd be happy to shift them at a good price for fellow bushcraft folks :)

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Neat idea :D

Before anyone buys blue though, speak with Woodsman, he's got a crate load of them and he'd be happy to shift them at a good price for fellow bushcraft folks :)

cheers,
Toddy

I could live with Blue...... If Woodsman want to work out a price?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry, Oakhill_Wanderer, I didn't mean to hijack your thread :eek:

You could pm Peter and see what he'd like to for them ?
I don't know if he's allowed to sell in classifieds :dunno: if it had been green, brown or black I'd have had them, but I don't sew tents, tarps and rucksacs, so it wasn't much use to me.

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Count me in, can we choose colours which aren't in the drop down but on the swatch?

TeeDee 2 x Black / 2 X Orange
Shewie - 2 x Black / 2 x Bottle

Hi Guys,

With regard to thread colour - yeah, theres only 3 colours in the dropdown, but if you click on a colour from the swatch it puts it in the dropdown...hope that made sense!

Toddy - no worries mate, get the best deal you can :)

I'm going to give them a call today, and see if they will do mixed boxes too - unlikely, but worth a shot.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
Resnikov 2 x Black
Wattsy 2 x black

Oakhill_Wanderer - 2 x Black / 2 x Bottle / 2 x Mauve
Resnikov 2 x Black
Wattsy 2 x black

As a side note, if there isn't enough for a box of ten of a particular colour, then I'd be fine with putting the order through as normal reels (individually priced at £3.25 + VAT), to save you guys on some postage etc.

So far we've hit 10 black, so that's one discounted box sorted.

I'm going to set the cut off for this at 11am on Friday morning as I need to get the order placed as soon as possible.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm still in for both if poss, happy to go just black though

/ 2 x Bottle / 2 x Mauve
Resnikov 2 x Black
Wattsy 2 x black
Silverhill 2 x Black

Now then...

Two things...

First:

It would seem that I've made a small error with the postage. The £3.00 (£2.50 +VAT) is only applicable if: "Must fit in a 27cm x 20cm envelope" - which our order wont. So its the £9.00 option (£7.50 +VAT), which is the only other postage option on the site when you go through the checkout process.

Second:

As we seem to have a requirement for 12 Black - 1 x Box of 10, and 2 x individual reels, I'm asking if anyone would have any objections to combining those, and splitting it accordingly. Here's the breakdown:

1 x box of 10 = £25.68 (inc VAT)
2 x individual reels = £7.80 (inc VAT)
Total = 33.48 (inc VAT)
divided by 12 = £2.79 per reel (inc VAT)

Other colours stay as there are - priced at £3.90 (inc VAT) per reel as there's nowhere near enough to make a discounted box.
Any more black will have to be priced as individual reels as I don't want to put the price up again, but feel in this instance its a reasonably fair deal...

What I propose:

If you guys are happy to go with the slightly increased reel price of £2.79 (£0.22 increase) to ensure that we all get a good deal as opposed to one chap missing out, then I'll soak up the £9 postage as it was my mistake in the first place - call it a thankyou to fellow members for advice over the past couple of years, or call it 'I'm an idiot for making a mistake', or whatever, I'm happy doing it!. And you all pay £1.25 each to cover postage to you all respectively.

So, thats it, let me know. Cut off still stands at 11am...

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello , If you amend my order to just two reels ( as opposed to four ) would that make it easier?

Cheers

TD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE