Gun buff help wanted!

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Can anyone shed any light on this?

My grandad left it to me.

100_0613.jpg

100_0615.jpg

100_0616.jpg

I know nothing about it so any help would be good

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Agree. Percussion pistol, and designed as such, not a flintlock converted to percussion.

You do not need a firearms certificate, unless you intend to use it. :)

Are there any makers marks or proof marks stamped on it? I have a similar percussion musket/shotgun that has no markings - I was told it was of 'colonial' manufacture.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
There were an awfull lot of makers during those times that simply didn't stamp thier wares with any sort of name or anything.
Just making and selling them on.
It looks fairly small so is probably designed as a personal protection piece (short range/ large body mass)
BASC and other shooting organisations often hold events where you can take along somthing of interest and hope to get some info on it. They're normally free or a small entrance fee only.
It's probably not worth much as it's not stamped and so wouldn't be worth sending to be proffesionally valued but it would be interesting to get some history on it if possible.

Best of luck

Mark

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Doc said:
Agree. Percussion pistol, and designed as such, not a flintlock converted to percussion.

You do not need a firearms certificate, unless you intend to use it. :)

Are there any makers marks or proof marks stamped on it? I have a similar percussion musket/shotgun that has no markings - I was told it was of 'colonial' manufacture.

Doc was joking ,don't even think about it. :eek: :D

davef

Forager
Mar 6, 2006
North Lancashire
Buckshot said:
BASC and other shooting organisations often hold events where you can take along somthing of interest and hope to get some info on it.

There's one in Harrogate on the 17th Nov, its a BASC food fair/field sports evening but a couple of the Antiques Roadshow boffins are going along to offer valuations.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE