GSF axe mask

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
The mask is made from 3.5mm leather, double thick around the front part this will give more leather on the safety side.
The axe mask is 5 layer at the front and bottom, the hole are all Awl by hand (No drilling of holes). All hand stitched with tiger thread (i do not rate linen thread on working leather stuff, that's just me)
The strap which hold the axe in place is plan this is how the customer want it.
The colour is mid brown with black stitching and is sealed inside and out.

001enl.jpg

002gns.jpg

003vds.jpg

Thank you for looking
All comments welcome

Cheers Topknot

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
A solid job of handcrafted mask for a solid handcrafted axe, both to live together in poetic harmony for the life of each other. Fierce , beautiful, dependable, and very desirable. Excellent work sir, excellent. Thanks for showing :thumbup:

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
A solid job of handcrafted mask for a solid handcrafted axe, both to live together in poetic harmony for the life of each other. Fierce , beautiful, dependable, and very desirable. Excellent work sir, excellent. Thanks for showing :thumbup:

Thank you very much for the comment's , i'm well pleased and the customer too.

Cheers Topknot

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Truly beautiful, I love the design with the 5th layer going over, really genuine and classy.
Looks truly awesome. And if I may be as bold as to ask you this question, how did you finish the edges? they look really nice and smooth

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Truly beautiful, I love the design with the 5th layer going over, really genuine and classy.
Looks truly awesome. And if I may be as bold as to ask you this question, how did you finish the edges? they look really nice and smooth

Thank you for the compliment on the mask, as to the edges all done by hand no drills, no sanders. And the edge sealer i make up myself. (I'm old school with my leather work)

Cheers Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE