grouting tiles!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I hates it i hates it!!

anyone got any tips on grouting without making a huge bloody mess and then getting put in the dog house for traipsing it through all the carpets..!!

oh whoa is me!!! I need to get out!!

Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Slap it on all over with a sponge, spread it all out and work it evenly into the cracks. Clean your sponge off and then wipe all the excess grout off.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I use a squeegie to apply it and a sponge to clean it off before its set then again to clean the residue off the surface, I didn't think it was that bad even with the stickier latex based flexible stuff.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
slap it on with a credit card, work it in to the gaps then sponge over m8, did my kitchen with little 1" by 2" sheets of tile so MAJOR groutage going on.
no major issues tbh

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
demo my wife collared the squeegy for her wall and i have to say it does look good well better than mine i think its to do with the skills in applying face paint!!

i used the credit card ( tesco club card actually) to scrape of the hard stuff and i broke it!!
got in trouble for that too.

only got 1 wall left will have it cracked tomorrow hopefully.

Andy

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
i just did out kitchen - and a lot of it. hated every second of the naffing task. ended up using me finger in the end - work out allright but the missus did want black grout so me fingers were funny colours for a while :)

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Na goto Wickes and buy the spreader they do bout £6 but you will do it in a quarter of the time. I sell them and they are superb.
D

freespin

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2008
Washington
When the grout is dry, go over with a green pan scrub. Removes all the crap, polishes the grout in the joints and never damages the tiles.
Try it.
Freespin

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Grouting is easy!!

Get a bloke in to do it whilst you're at work. No mess, no back ache, no hassle from the wife.

Exactly the same as painting, wall papering, brick laying, and a multitude of other tasks that are far better done by someone else.
HTH :)

Martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE