group tarp shelter help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That's the size tarp we use for Dingly Dell at the Moot,

The most we've had under it has been about 19 people and that wasn't squashed up at all.

Have a look on Ebay as you should be able to pick it up a bit cheaper. If I remember rightly I paid about £25 inc P&P for mine.

kieran w

Nov 16, 2013
suffolk
That's the size tarp we use for Dingly Dell at the Moot,

The most we've had under it has been about 19 people and that wasn't squashed up at all.

Have a look on Ebay as you should be able to pick it up a bit cheaper. If I remember rightly I paid about £25 inc P&P for mine.

thanks guys
did you have any problems with a fire under it ?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Not really apart from a few pinholes from sparks and he inside is nicely smoked after 2 moots :rolleyes: :)

Having said that we take care and don't have a raging fire under it

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We use two tarps that make up an area about that size, may be slightly larger, I would say that we can fit 12+ persons under it, thats ok, untill the rain is blown in, we make walls from a couple of other tarps and that traps heat from the fire in,

Most of the Suffolk Group bring chairs so that take up a bit of room.....and we have a couple of tables at the sides,

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Dont forget Stu we had 16 plus tables and chairs and a christmas tree for the Christmas meet with plenty of space left over

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah but that was a bit cozzy at the ends with people sitting either side of the table, and I think it only just covered the end seats...

the pics of it are on the Dec 2013 meet pics on the group facebook :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE