Greetings from Chester, New Jersey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
It is good to be here and I am interested to hear about bushcrafting in the UK. I have always been one to spend time in the outdoors from my earliest days plying and exploring with friends along the small creek that ran through our town. I now live in the Skylands region of north west New Jersey, not too far from the Appalachian Trail and very close to some of the best trout fishing in the state.

I have two sons aged 16 and 6, with a six year seminary degree as my middle child. My eldest son often raids my gear (kit) to explore in the woods with his friends, but the six year old is still more than content to go out exploring with his dad. He received his first knife this past Christmas, a small fixed blade made from his great grandfather's old chef's knife, and a homemade neck sheath. He is keen to whittle and carve and loves wearing it.

The winter has been long and cold here with an extraordinary amount of snow, so we are anxious to get back out on the trails and learn and experience.

I enjoy making as much of my gear as I can and have been a keen fly tier for over 25 years. I hope to share photos through the forum and learn how things are done in the land of Ray Mears. I also look forward to getting to know many of you and exchange information and discoveries from the woods though an ocean separates us.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE