Greenland or Lapland?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

nrb

Im looking at a trip to either Greenland or Finland for a week long dog sled trip.
Greenland has a special pull with its remoteness and the local culture would be great to observe.

Finland however is a bit cheaper and you can pat the dogs!

Any experiences you guys have had to help with my decision making would be great.

Thanks in advance,
nigel.b

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
Have been to both finland and greenland, two year ago i did a week long husky trip along the russian/ finnish border. The dogs were great you spent all your time with them and although the terrain was fairly flat it was still very challenging especially if this is your first trip with husky dogs, its not as easy as it looks but it is very enjoyable. This year i was in iceland and did a day trip to greenland, it definetly has the edge with the scenery and the way the local people live in such and extreme environment.
I know what you mean about the cost it was the main reason i chose finland and i think if the experience of driving husky dogs is your main reason for going then finland will probably satisfy this. The scenery in the part of finland i visited was mainly flat over frozen lakes for most of the time, further north may be more mountainous but this will make driving the dogs alot harder, make sure you are fit before you go to get the most from the trip.
Hope this is of some help
I can guarantee it will be trip you will never forget.

Michael

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE