Great deal i have found on Cold Steel Pendleton Hunter knife.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Just purchased this knife after a few hours of research and alot of shopping around..

http://www.bronzemoonoutdoors.co.uk/online-shop/pendleton-hunters

Will post another thread when i recieve it.

q.png

s.png

[video=youtube;grnD7-q3Yx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnD7-q3Yx8[/video]

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
yeah i was looking at the differences between them and only found there to be one big difference.

The master hunter uses the SAN MAI III laminated steel
Many people say that it is too brittle on the middle section of super hard carbon steel. Im no expert im sure someone here knows more..

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I had one of these, and it is a quality knife and uber sharp from the box. You are getting alot of knife for your ££ at that price!
It is a great hunting knife but it was this knife that made me think about the importance of grind type and that I would not get a hollow grind on a general use knife again...........just could not get along with it. But one mans poison and all that.........

The Mrs has the mini and thought about getting myself one of those as they are an awesome little beastie with a nice flat ground blade, but as have a necker already on order I will hold off!

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
I had one of these, and it is a quality knife and uber sharp from the box. You are getting alot of knife for your ££ at that price!
It is a great hunting knife but it was this knife that made me think about the importance of grind type and that I would not get a hollow grind on a general use knife again...........just could not get along with it. But one mans poison and all that.........

The Mrs has the mini and thought about getting myself one of those as they are an awesome little beastie with a nice flat ground blade, but as have a necker already on order I will hold off!

mmm i was thinking that,

im intending to use it mostly for food prep, cordage cutting, other smallish tasks and to use the tomahawk for the bigger stuff. Thanks for the comment

My Bushman is too big for small tasks like spoon making and to small for general heavy chopping. The small knife and a small axe seems the best compromise out in the real world. Also the Pendleton hunter doesnt look as intimidating as the bushman to the untrained eye.

BTW the mini hunter looks brilliant and this website also sells them, £30 i think

Tobias

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
didn't mean to p*** on your chips mate!:D

you might not encounter the issues I did, it cuts lovely, it feels nice, looks ok, built to last but anything with wood I find the hollow grinds bite too deep (thats any hollow grind I have used)
I wanted an F1 and was reccommended this by someone who knows their bladey things and he rates them

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
didn't mean to p*** on your chips mate!:D

you might not encounter the issues I did, it cuts lovely, it feels nice, looks ok, built to last but anything with wood I find the hollow grinds bite too deep (thats any hollow grind I have used)
I wanted an F1 and was reccommended this by someone who knows their bladey things and he rates them

its ok haha my chips are still crispy dry.

I let you all know how i get on with it. I picked a rubbish time to order it though. 3 bank holidays, easter, royal wedding.. could be ages!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Like the look of the mini hunter. Flat grind and decent size/weight. Would prefer carbon steel, but this would make an excellent BOB knife.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
I used one on a couple of Roe deer last year and it was plenty positive in the hand and dead easy to control. Not used one long term so I've no idea about long term edge holding but I liked it while I used it :D

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
I used one on a couple of Roe deer last year and it was plenty positive in the hand and dead easy to control. Not used one long term so I've no idea about long term edge holding but I liked it while I used it :D

cheers for the info.

This company seems rubbish though... no stock updates, no humans at the phone, no delivery info apart fromt the price...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE