gransfors rivets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
If it's just replacing one then i wouldn't bother using the same. I used a copper rivet kindly given to me by decorum (member) it looks fine and is stronger. As each cheese rivet fails I'll replace them with copper.
5a82b9ade0d3db736d323c6c703084e8.jpg

brickie58

Feb 8, 2014
pembs
If it's just replacing one then i wouldn't bother using the same. I used a copper rivet kindly given to me by decorum (member) it looks fine and is stronger. As each cheese rivet fails I'll replace them with copper.
5a82b9ade0d3db736d323c6c703084e8.jpg

Thanks but I'm making a mask for a double bit axe. I usually just sew them but I fancied putting some rivets in as well, belts and braces if you see what I mean, the copper rivet looks OK and I have some copper roofing nails I could use in a push.thanks for reply.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
if you know any one who shoots .22 rim fire ask for some of the casings, they make excellent rivets. thats what i used on my axe mask.

Would be interested in how this works, since I have a good bit of spent brass around.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Copper rivets with chamfered ends and the burrs ought to be available in all sorts of shank lengths,
anywhere horse/farm/saddle/leather supplies are stocked.

Tipi

Jun 14, 2006
Wondering Wizard, UK
Would be interested in how this works, since I have a good bit of spent brass around.

first obtain your brass, a hole punch, needle nose pliers and a small ball pein / tack hammer:

punch your hole in your leather with the hole punch (the 6mm one is a good size). pop the brass in. flay out the edges gently by pushing the nose of the needle nose in the hole. i have a tiny ball pein the size of a tack hammer, but a large ball bearing would work too. gently tap out the edges until rounded over.

that my method, nothing too fancy but seems to serve. if you got lots and some scrap leather play about with it. if the casing collapses flay out using the needle nose pliers more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE