gransfor mini axe sheath give away.

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
been up to my old tricks again and with the lack of any other object to experiment on, I used my faithful old mini hatchet to fiddle around with some bits of lace. Been using this axe for years for bow making, used it as a plane, to cut and skive/bevel lace - did try it as a shaver once but these days I think my rough foliage needs more of a diamond blade.

Used 42 lace in all and made it the way I explain in my fid work PDF except in this case I just double over the lace meaning that the top end can just be tied around itself - much easier then having to place a knot over rough ends. I did try and spell gransfors along the shaft, but ended up with grans so I guess I’ll have to give it to her now!!

It also meant I had to make another sheath and have included the design for that if any one else has one. I made this sheath to go on the rear cinch of a western saddle for a friend and naturally one for myself. The old one I have is up for grabs if any body wants it, just PM your address to me and I'll send it.

Paul

Forgot to mention that the my old sheath is made for a belt not a saddle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE