Gränsfors axes & Wetterling hatchet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Time for an overdue clear out of the sharps. Apparently, I don't *need* this many axes!
:rolleyes:
image.jpg
View attachment 35408

All axes have been stored indoors, in their sheathes, so no corrosion is evident. All heads are hand forged so show usual manufacturing marks, but there is no damage to heads. I've marked all axes with my initials on the feet of the axes. You know what it's like at gatherings with that many axes around! �� But that could easily be removed with a piece of Sandpaper.
both the Gransfors have small splits in the shaft heads where the wedges have been driven in, but this is does not affect the axes. All heads are secure, with no looseness at all.
image.jpg

Gränsfors Bruks Forest axe Sold STP to Phil B

image.jpg

3 1/2" cutting edge. 25" hickory shaft. Slight reprofile to edge due to pine knot ding. Slight cut to upper edge of sheath. But overall in good condition.
£50

Gränsfors Bruks Small forest axe. SOLD

image.jpg

3" cutting edge. 19" Hickory shaft. Good condition. Minute ding to top of cutting edge, but only really noticeable under close inspection. Sheath shows wear usual for age and use.
£40

Wëtterling hatchet. Sold to Warthog 1981

image.jpg
2 1/2" edge. 13" hickory shaft. good condition. sheath is in good condition.
£30

All blades have been kept sharp with DC4 to a good edge for their purpose, but the edges have dulled over their time in storage. It wouldn't take long to get them into shaving condition if that's what you wanted them for.
all shafts are in very good condition, no splits, dings or damage visible.
anymore photos can be provided if you need further clarification.

Payment by Paypal please. All charges and postage included in cost. No sales to under 18's please.

thanks,

Shinobi

Last edited:

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
Great axes for the money. I'd be very tempted, but I need another axe like I need a hole in the head - which, incidentally, is what my wife promised to create for me if I bought another one! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE