Google+

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I could never see the point of facebook and the facebook interface is appalling. The Google+ interface is slightly less appalling and I am using it to share family photos with family members.

I use Google's Picasa program for sorting images on my PC and uploading some of them to Googles servers, I do sometimes post images here that are hosted by Google however posting the links isn't so easy and doesn't provide all the options services that Flickr does.

Two big selling points are that Google will store backups of your photographs and home movies on their servers for free, no size limits (videos must be less than 15mins and photos are reduced to 2048 pixels.

:)

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I could never see the point of facebook and the facebook interface is appalling. The Google+ interface is slightly less appalling and I am using it to share family photos with family members.

(SNIP)

this is what I use face book for, that and the built in chat is useful when wifely is in the Falklands or I am else where as mobile signals are a non starter unless you pay through the nose and you cannot install and programmes,:D

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland

this is what I use face book for, that and the built in chat is useful when wifely is in the Falklands or I am else where as mobile signals are a non starter unless you pay through the nose and you cannot install and programmes,:D

Indeed, facebook can do the same job, I just find the Google+ interface less jarring and easier to keep control of. I have used Google+'s inbuilt chat system only the one time, the video seemed much better than Skype but it isn't something I would use very much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE