Goodbye Mora 740/760 - the new Alan Wood/Rays Mears Woodlore scenario

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I have had a quick trawl of the forum and can find no mention of this.

The green handled/sheathed Moras (740/760) have been discontinued and you will be hard pushed to find them anywhere. I have had a good hunt of the net this week and nothing. The UK importer/supplier appears to have none.

If anyone fancies a destruction test as per this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/index.php/Forums.html (I know it is not the same knife blade but just in case you get inquisitive!) I would not recommend it as you may not get another.

It is a bit sad really as I have used these blades for years and they are great. I believe Greenman Bushcraft (I have no vested interest/link to them) in Essex have some - basically the remaining UK stock, but they are charging a premium. Original price £8.95 (ish)...new 'rare knife' price £19.95!!

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
the mora 740 was the first sheath knife of many many bushcrafters including myself, i remember the day mine arrived in the post when i was 13, i thought it was the best thing in the world. these are brilliant knives and i am sure most people on here have very fond memorys of them. may they rest in peace :'(

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
just been on kitmonster website, they are showing 3 models, 2 in stainless and 1 in carbon. 10-12 quid each plus postage. the service here is excellent, i got an ex 22 large ALICE pack from here, they were top guys and excellent value. no connection just a happy pleb.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE