Good spots in or near the Wirral?

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hi guys, I've just moved to the Wirral, currently getting the new place sorted out and the gf has given me free run of the shed so I've been sorting all that out. But I'm itching for some outdoor time.

Can anyone recommend a good camping spot on or near the Wirral? North Wales isn't too much of a jaunt so I could venture that way.

Cheers
Andy

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
if your thinking stealth / wild camp then id like to hear from your results but in terms of normal camping then wales is your target llangollen is a nice place to start lots of normal site around there too, anglesey is a place of beauty, i have stayed and fished in a place called porthwen there which is a good place to camp (google porthwen brickworks). The lakes is also near as is the peak district and delamere all nice places. Where abouts on the wirral are you? if your looking for some nice places to walk then head for the dibbensdale, eastham country park, royden park, thurstason, bidston hill, burton marsh, parkgate and the wirral way. towards wales you have moel famau loggerheads etc.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
you could also maroon yourself on hilbre island havent been there since i was a kid keep meaning to go back soon with my own kids for a bit of seal watching

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE