Good Friday Trip To The Woods - Pics

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Youngest and i had some quality one on one time up the woods today, oh boy what a laugh, especially when i didn't realise he had hidden my boots when i was in my hammock and had placed them behind a tree 30 yards away from where i was - git:),

Few pics from the day

Walking up the lane to the woods in the glorious spring sunshine

DSCN4390.jpg

get in to the woods and after a quick brew, it was time to set up the new hammock

DSCN4393.jpg

got it set up in no time and had first go, well it's my hammock and it's only right, didn't take long for OL to boot me out and have a go himself though

DSCN4400.jpg

DSCN4403.jpg

even though this was the first time ive used this since i got it on Tuesday last week and having used it for a few hours today, im impressed with it, will be using it for one possibly two nights away next week which will be the acid test, but after today i don't see any problems.

after setting the hammocks up, OL took his DD with him, it was time for elevenses in the form of home made Hot Cross Buns and a fresh cup of coffee

DSCN4410.jpg

then it was back to the hammock and time to set up my poncho liner under blanket

DSCN4414.jpg

DSCN4418.jpg

DSCN4420.jpg

Quick pic of OL in his DD taken thru the bug mesh

DSCN4423.jpg

and this one shortly afterwards:rolleyes:

DSCN4428.jpg

the woods are really starting to come alive now, lots of fresh growth, lovely to see after what seems like too long a time without leaves on the trees

DSCN4432.jpg

The display of Primroses this year is incredible, lovely blooms

DSCN4437.jpg

loads of Wood Spurge here as well

DSCN4438.jpg

An ex woodie

DSCN4439.jpg

the camp, still looking a bit bare, but it wont be long before we are surrounded by green walls again

DSCN4441.jpg

DSCN4445.jpg

the shelter has withstood it's second winter well, just a bit of thatching required to bring it back up to standard

DSCN4452.jpg

OL, enjoying the sunshine from his hammock

DSCN4466.jpg

I've posted a pic of these blocks up before

DSCN4470.jpg

but today we found one with a mark on it, anyone care to ID them and their use?, bear in mind these woods were used in WW2 buy the armed forces for live fire practice, i found a .55 shell case up here not that long ago and most of the standard trees have shrapnel in them.

DSCN4471.jpg

DSCN4474.jpg

lots of iron work still to be found as well

DSCN4473.jpg

including some bits that will be taken to the next Sussex meet to get used in the forge

DSCN4478.jpg

time to leave now, so a quick scenic shot

DSCN4481.jpg

and a slow wander back to the car and home.

Glorious day out with OL, looking forward to taking him and his brother up here next week for a few days away, a bit of shrafting and no doubt, a ton of laughs.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Looks like you had a great day out!
We should get more involved in things when we go out?
Could always do with learning more from you and Hugo!
Thanks for sharing!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks like you had a great day out!
We should get more involved in things when we go out?
Could always do with learning more from you and Hugo!
Thanks for sharing!

cheers mate, im back up there tomorrow:)

Your right though, we should try and get a few more skills sorted when we go for a bimble, although, just being out there with good company suits me just dandy too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE