Good day out!!

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Got out and about in a local wood shown to me buy a fellow that I spoke to via this forum. Really nice place and very quiet. Had a cracking brew and a great time talking about the experience's we had in the past. Both of us being new to bushcraft was great as we were on the same level and learnt from eachother. Will defiantly be doing this again and once I have a sleep system sorted and the weathers a little better get out for a overnighter. Many thanks mate !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Sounds like a good team in the making.

Look forward to hearing more from you both, be nice to see some pictures too.:)

Defiantly. It's good to meet a like minded person that you can have a laugh with. I was going to take some pics but was too busy messing about. Had a little play with the catapult for a little fun. Look forward to having a beverage in front of a fire and doing an over nightie. Cooking a bit of grub etc.

Taz220sdi

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2012
Princes Risborough
Hi Tom!

Was a cracking morning, really enjoyed the catapult lol!! I did manage to get the one photo of the brew up.....will figure out how to upload shortly :)

Looking forward to meeting up again, I definitely owe you re getting the firesteel properly sparking!!

Last edited:

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Another great day out and about with a pal. Slowly developing our skills. Learnt a lot and learnt the things I need to be better at. Breakfast was cracking bacon buttys with fresh bread rolls and smoked bacon washed down with a brew.
a9ypy2yp.jpg
va5y5uby.jpg

I know the tarp was very slack but it was just a quick throw up. To see the improvements we need to make to tensioning and knots etc. ether way another step towards developing ours skill level. Another Great day!!!

Taz220sdi

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2012
Princes Risborough
Hi Tom! Cracking morning up the woods, thanks for the ridgeline tensioning advice, big improvement to my last effort :) Looking forward to an overnighter when you get your hammock!!

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Sorry to upset the applecart here Tom but I would contact the land owner before setting up camp.You can get in a lot trouble with the gamekeepers in West Wycombe.I have permission not that far from West Wycombe if you want to sort some thing out:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE